Traveling with Coffee II

This past weekend was a whirlwind of sweets, coffee, and a short family visit. I traveled to Roswell Georgia where I go to visit the very hip young coffee house that has their heads on right. Their motto is Drink Coffee, Do Good! And they stand by it. They support the coffee farmers and villages they get their coffee from. They support the schools, the children, the entire village and they do good! They are the Land of Thousand Hills . Go check this place out!







This coffee house is literally a house. Their rooms are filled with tables and baskets and the combination of the wood, the light, and the smells allow all who enter to feel at home. I got an iced coffee because hello Georgia is hot and I added some half and half and no sugar needed. It was sweet and cold and the coffee was rich and so perfect. A cup hit the spot topped off with a lemon blueberry scone.


I walked around the little house saying hello to other people and everyone was so friendly. The crowd is a young group, but they made me feel at home. I took my coffee outside and sat under the shade of a tree and placed my feet up and my coffee on the table. The bugs were few, the company was pleasant. A young college couple was discussing life and adulting and I tried hard not to chuckle. Oh if they only knew what life was going to be like.



After the coffee house I made a quick stop to say hello to my son and his lovely girlfriend. Then headed to a place called My Parents Basement. This cute place is comic books meets pinballs meets the bar and scrumptious food. We played some pinball, we did some shopping, we got some ciders, and we had some amazing food. I got the chicken Cesar salad wrap. I am hooked on them. And I also go a side of tator tots because, well, why not? My Parents Basement   has some amazing people taking care of you, fans on outside, generations under one roof each enjoying and discovering new and old things together. It is in Avondale Estates and if you can swing by and have a huge side of tater tots.


 Tacos, tots, mac & cheese and my sandwich. No pictured , ciders in our bellies!! hahaha
Outside seating in the shade. It was on the street, but so quiet. They fans were going and tons of people were enjoying this gorgeous Ga day.












My honey enjoying some old skool pinball!. They had tons of machines and it brought back some memories for sure.

I hope you are enjoying my Traveling with coffee. This weekend Athens Ga and 1000 Faces Coffee
It looks like a good one and perhaps a little walking before I have knee surgery and cannot do it at all for a few weeks.

May your coffee be strong and your enjoyment of third places be enjoyable!
Until next time,
your story teller, poet,
Debbie :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday