Chasing the Moon

                                                           Photo by Aron Visuals on Unsplash

The Moon called to me
"Come see my radiant light!"
I turned west and witnessed his gleam
as he crept toward goodnight.

The moon dipped past the horizon,
sliding silently into darkness,
regaining strength to come back, 
from the under side of the sphere.

Complicated rhythms,
moon and night,
night becomes day,
and day becomes light.

The moon hates the sun,
the sun hates the night,
complicated fears,
each filled with fright.

The night comes again, the sun hiding so bright,
the moon once again chasing its light,
and here our tale begins once more,
the sun struggling to gain control from the night..



I woke this AM and noticed the moon. I turned west instead of east and was caught in the moons light. The horizon to the east was showing the sun and to me the sun was chasing the moon and hence the name of this poem. I was struck by the awe of the red moon and its glory, but also the sun on the horizon and its bright glare in my eyes. I could have turned either way to get to work,but I followed the moon. I hope life has you catching all these amazing moments. Even if you just log them into your memories. I hope you can slow down, look in wonder, and enjoy each and every treasure of this world.

Happy Wednesday to you all!
Your story teller/ poet,

Debbie
xoxox









Comments

  1. Beautiful words Debbie - the moon is indeed inspiring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right I saw it this AM again and literally gasped it was so beautiful

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday