Blogging and Everyday Life

While we all have something to say, I have always believed this blog gives me a platform that helps me navigate my life. I struggle to move forward. I struggle to grow. I write because if I did not write, I would be bogged down. I would sink in this one precious life. Life, for me, is about every day, making my husband wings just because. It is about hanging the wash on the line, it is about all of these moments that appear mundane but together make up our lives.

 The photo above is my view when I was in Arizona. We went out for my sisters 40th birthday. With the time change from my home state to Arizona, I was up every day at 4AM. I saw it on this large comfy chair and I just listened. I heard coyotes howling, owls hooting from every which way. I saw bunnies hop across the law and get scared when the sprinklers came on. I watched and listened and learned. My family always knew when they woke that I was out there in my PJs for hours just wrapped up in this white blanket, and I was absorbed in this amazing world. Yes, I was just sitting. Yes, I was in a new place, but if I did not truly listen I would have missed this everyday experience of just being. We had nowhere to be except by the pool. I feel everyone in Arizona would be at or by a pool. 

I brought my sun hat out there with me due to the sun being so intense. I bought my sister one for her birthday. I knew she wouldn't even think about that harsh sun beating down on her. When she realized it she said she wished she had brought a sun hat, and I yelled surprise and handed hers to her. As we move about the day try to be more present. Take time to do something nice for a loved one. Fold the laundry, carry it up the stairs, sweep the porch, pick something about the every day and make it special for someone.

I love making lemonade throughout the summer months, but with the loaded sugars I stopped until I found one without sugar, and lemonade is now made weekly again. Perhaps you are in a hard season. Perhaps you lost a loved one to covid or cancer, or a car accident, that is when people surround you with love and are present for you. Wouldn't it be nice if in the happier season we all did something for someone else? Blogging is a gift of me truly being present for you. Won't you in turn be present for someone else. Give them the gift of your time everyday. When we come together we are stronger, when we gather in a community, we can achieve more. When you look at the everyday things we do every single day and realized they are a gift to be able to do with or for someone. Know your every day is magical in its own way, but being present for someone is a gift you can give every single day!!

I pray you are well and enjoying your everyday extraordinary life!!

Your storyteller/poet
Debbie
xoxoxoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday