Grandbaby Turns One


 Sweet Lil one celebrated her b-day yesterday

My sweet grandbaby is turning one on Tuesday. Yesterday were all came together to celebrate her. She was not the most uncomplicated birth, but she has been happy since she the day she was born. She was holding her head up on day one. She was crawling and walking early. She loves and loves books, both to pull them off the shelf and to read.

I look forward to her being older and her going to a library with me. 

So many people from " Her village" came out to gather, to eat, to tell Ava stories, and to pour out presents on her, but more importantly their love on this lil one who is not so little anymore. She is all over the place. She snuggles me, hugs me, and genuinely loves me. She has a plethora of toys representing the plethora of love for her.

We had meatballs, cupcakes, pigs in a blanket, and more. I had both of my kids and my granddaughter with me, what could be any better? I ordered her something from Etsy, which I believe is lost in the mail, but we got a backup gift and she adored it so much that I think the replacement may be better than the gift I got for her. I ordered her a wooden toy camera with her name on it. We shall see if it ever comes.

Family comes in all shapes and sizes and sometimes it isn't blood that binds us, but the experiences we all share together. I help my kiddo out four days a week as she is a single mom, but she is such an amazing mom. What is funny is her saying before she was pregnant that she is too selfish to have children and she dotes on that baby around the clock. 

Babies are miracles for sure, I did not want to be a grandma, but let me say, I love being a grandma. This little one is turning one on Tuesday. I met her in the hospital after delivery and I have been in love ever since. Children, no matter their age, they are such a blessing. 

May your holiday season be filled with light and love and spoil your village of people with an outpouring of love. We are all in this together and we can all show love. Merry Christmas, Hanukkah , and happy Festivus, or whatever you are celebrating this time of the year.

God Bless, 
your friend
Debbie
xxoxooxoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday