Saturday Thoughts

 

Photo by me
Have you ever seen something and thought, oh that's a sign? Don't believe in signs ok. I do. No one's belief is correct. It is each of our own personal views so please don't have me for my own views. I see signs on daily calendar pages. I hear it in others' conversations. I hear them in a song at the right time. I see them all over, every day, all day. 

From when I was a baby to the age of nine, my mom and I shared a room. We moved in with my grandparents till I was 9 years old. It was peaceful and bliss for a lil one who was madly in love with her grandfather. I followed him everywhere and God rest his soul for not killing me off. I was annoying at best, but my grandpa was my dad figure as well and he thought me a lot. 

He taught me to swing by placing an inner tube under my feet so when I swung down I was to kick it and I did over and over and he kept placing it under me. The man was a saint. He worked jobs as a truck driver, as a police officer, and many other jobs. He taught me about hard work and perseverance. He thought me to always keep others in mind when I planned some action, but he taught me to look for signs. 

This man dug up dirt, put butter dishes in the ground, and made us our own golf course. He was magic and I knew it. When I would come home from school and tell him something, he would say, "You know that's a sign?" Sometimes it was a sign I was doing the right things, other times it was a sign I wasn't being kind, I was not being helpful, or I was going down the right path but maybe a lil detour was in order.

I Grew up believing in religious signs, everyday signs or signs my grandpa pointed out that I missed. Today I saw a sign and my heart hurt as he has been gone off this earth for many years. He had a heart of gold and I wish you could have met him. This duck above was a sign after he passed that he went this way, but he is always in my heart. 

Life has been challenging for us all over the past three years. I have battled depression. I have stayed in and not talked to anyone. I have shut down and I do not believe I have fully rebooted. I am still anxious about people too close to me. I do not like crowds of people. I do not go to many places anymore and sadly online stores are my close friends now. 

Life has been a roller coaster, but every now and then I see a sign and I smile and think of the magic that I once had on this ride of life. I hope to get to a place of safety, signs, and magic again, but right now, on this screen is where I reside and I wish you happiness and peace.

May we all find the magic we want and need so much.

Your friend,
Debbie
xoxooxox








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday