Life and its Challenges


 Greetings all,

Life has been challenging me lately so I apologize for being slack on my blog. My mom has been in and out of the hospitals, yes numerous ones. At the end of the day, we do not know how much time she has left, but do any of us know?

This photo is in Clinton NJ. See NJ isn't all what exit are you from? Its water, its lakes, it is an old red historic mill. Clinton is a cute lil town. It has art galleries, mills, bridges, ice cream, the best subs on the planet, and coffee.  My mom used to live here and has since moved, but I am still drawn to this place. I love the area. I love exploring and this down is such a great place to wander around in. In and out of stores, and more stores. Candles, books, subs, coffee, bakery items, and the most adorable red mill. 



To quote Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail, this town is Enchanting. It's fall time in this photo and full of mums and fall colors. Have a seat, sit with a friend, or make a new one. I miss this place and while I am heading to NJ soon, I doubt there will be time to get coffee in this little town again, which makes me sad, so I may make a trip. We shall see. Perhaps a walk through Central Park in NYC. Who knows? 

Mom is home and resting again, so if my sister and I venture anywhere it will not be far. We want to be able to rush home if Mom needs us. How do you celebrate autumn? I know I am not the only one who is all about sweaters and tea and light blankets and cool nights and snuggling your person and just listening to the world. It is a magic time of year.

I have started a poem about Autumn about eight times in the last 3 days. It starts with, there is a whisper in the air, Autumn is coming. A new blanket at our feet of all vibrant red, yellow, and oranges. We shall see what I shake out and make this poem. This is the season that inspires me for photography, hiking, being outdoors, and just enjoying nature.

Life has been challenging me in almost all aspects of my life. It has pushed me to the outter limits of what I thought I could handle. My sis and I have cried, laughed, and leaned on each other for so much during this hard season. I look forward to going up and giving my sister some much-needed respite. 

Fall is a time of joy for me and I look forward to exploring it in NJ this year with my family and all the nieces. I plan on taking it all in. The sights, sounds, and wonder of the season. I look forward to cooler temps and fires in the firepit. I look forward to heading into the challenges ahead armed with a happy heart, a can-do spirit, and a sister who is amazing.

Happy Fall y'all! Tell me what is your favorite part of this season?


Happy leaf-peeping!!

Your friend,

Debbie

xoxoxooxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday