Third Space
Greetings, I should have gone into Sociology. Instead, I chose English. I love to write. I also love coffee shops. I am fascinated by the concept of the third place. If you have not heard of this, let me be the one to inform you. The concept is that to have a well-rounded life, you need a home place, a workplace, and a third place to relax.
There have been many books written about this topic. It has interested me for years. A home place, a work place, and a relaxing third place that is safe to talk to family and friends about anything. Its a place that is not home related and enjoyed by everyone who enters.
There is a coffee shop about 30 min from me that has big leather chairs, paintings on the wall, snacks to munch on and where you can vedge and enjoy talking to new people, people you already know, and all without stress. You can curl up on the sofa, you can sit at a high top, you can stare out the window and day dream.
Life seems that it is passing me sometimes at a Indy drivers speed and sometimes its moving so slow you cannot even tell it is moving. Lately I have been thinking about my own life. I live paycheck to paycheck. But all the bills are a paid and there is food in the fridge and God is good, so honestly I am good. I would love to have a ton in the bank, but that is not in the cards for me, which honestly I have my coffee shops that I could sit in, that I could make new friends, that life brings me to new people all the time. My church has a saying up that saved people serve people. I like to think of it as friendly people meet more friendly people and make friends with new people.
Life seems to speed up and slow down and speed up again without my ok. I am just watching my world spin and doing my best to bring brightness into a world filled with so much muckness. I like to think of this as your third place where you can talk to me or each other and meet new people and just do life together. With that said, what is on your mind? What are you dealing with these days?
Life is full of wonder, confusion and every other emotion known to mankind. I am looking forward to Practical Magic 2. Those movies, along with Grumpy and Grumpier old men, make me laugh out loud. Life seems to be so serious now and I for one look forward to some fun. With that said, last time I went to the movies it was $10 per person. Let me say the snacks were bought at a store and brought in, in my purse. How does anyone even afford to take their kids to see a moving anymore. Life is insane.
Well I pray you are doing well and if you watch grumpy and grumpier old men watch the closing credits because honestly that is the best part. They tell one actor to say it like he is out of breath, he said anymore out of breath and I would be dead. Not in a sad way, but in a funny hahahha way. :)
I pray you are well. God bless you all and I hope you have some joy in your life today and always!
xoxoxo
Debbie
Comments
Post a Comment