Anxiety Virus



This Covid-19 is not the only virus floating around. There is also the panic and also the anxiety virus. Once where we felt safe, we feel no safety. Where we were like washing our hands before, we scrub now till they are raw. Anxiety for so many is worse then the virus. I am one of those people. I struggle with leaving my bubble of a house. I am paralyzed by fear as I walk through my front door. I am an empathetic person and feel each death deeply. One more dead, one more, three hundred more dead. There is only so much death I can take. I weep at the slightest news, I struggle to not check where my county is at, and I get told by everyone around me what the new news is and I cry. Oh lord I cry. I weep for the deaths. I weep for the families who cannot mourn their dead because we cannot gather in churches to say our final goodbyes. I hear of families who lost 4 to death. I struggle with balance my joy and faith with despair and an overwhelming sadness.

As we move forward in this together, let us look at some of the positive. Human kindness is being shared. We see photos of kids visiting their dads in nursing home through windows. We see families gathered on laws, separated by five feet each singing to granny on her porch on her 95th b day. We hear Italy singing and doing calisthenics together. My question, why do so many Italians have tambourines at the ready? ( see that is a high point) Life is about no boundaries. We are all human. We are not our size or our race. We are human together. Feel the love as well as the sadness. I know I am not the only one who struggles. I am glad I continue to go into work. I crave interaction. I need to know there are others scared, but also seeing joy in all this darkness.

As we move forward and see all the unknown, know this, you are not alone, I am not alone, WE are not alone. Each country, state, county,city is going through this with you. Look for the light. The people seeing the end result as positive. Perhaps we needed a reminder of how we are all one. We are not our skin color or race. Sure that is part of it, but not who we are. That does not define us, our hearts do. In this dark time choose kindness. Choose to see the light. Be the light if you are able. Know you can show kindness and be anxious at the same time. We are facing something never seen before and the unknown is scary. Push out your front door, go sit on your porch, work out in your back yard. Learn something new. Order a watercolor paint set, learn how to crochet, take up basket weaving (yes you can order a kit for this ) , but the point is to not let the news freak us out. 

We have an anxiety virus (along with Covid) Isn't one virus enough? Take long walks, work in the yard, get some vitamin D, hang the laundry outside, do something to make yourself happy. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and reach out, leave me a comment, tell me how your anxiety virus is going? I know without asking anyone, that I am not alone in this mess. I know so many are anxious. Reach out to me and lets talk. Lets exchange letters, how about swapping photos. Pick something, but reach out. Tell me about a book you are reading? I'll take anything. Don't leave me here out on this ledge. Let me know how you are doing and what you are doing to get through.

your story teller/poet
Debbie
xoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday