Fall was On Fire Today!

 



I went out to the woods today. Warner Robins, Ga is so darn slow to get fall and I needed to chase the colors. I drove north and only had to go about an hour before the orange and yellows and the warm autumn light was found. I grew up in NJ and we have a glorious fall there. Every fall there is a hot air balloon race, festivals around apples, acorns, and chestnuts. There are barns open with vendors selling their wares. Apple dunking with the kids wrapped in large black trash bags so they stay dry, and music playing in the background from a hired harpist. 

In Georgia, the season comes and it is not heralded in with trumpets like in NJ, but it blows in like a soft whisper and gently sits itself down for an all to brief stay. It comes in and out without a trumpet being blown at all. Not even a harmonica. Having grown up with all four seasons I know that each one is to be treasured and enjoyed. Now living in Ga I see a colored leaf, red, gold, yellow, and I literally run into the woods screaming for joy. I love the seasons, I love the leaves crunching under my feet. I love the light, especially the golden hour. For me, Autumn always puts on the best show. Something magical in every aspect of it.

I pray you are enjoying whatever season you are now in. Even in an emotional season, I pray you  know you are not alone. A move into the darker months, where candles are lit, pillows are piled and blankets are thrown wherever someone sits, I pray you know that each season brings brightness and new beginnings. Each season also brings an end to the season before it. It cycles every year, round and round, but remember they are a gift. Enjoy each season. Notice the light changing, the temperature changing, the world appearing brighter or darker, but at the end of each season, begins another, and that my friends bring a whole new set of magic with it.

I pray you are warm, have food in your belly, and know that each day is a gift. Go chase some magic!

Your friend, storyteller, poet,

Debbie

xoxoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday