Sunday Stories, One Thousand Dollars

 

                                                Photo by Prateek Katyal on Unsplash

This week has cost us $1000. Car repairs are expensive. Lack of sleep due to having to tow the car and only use one car has been taking its toll on her and tempers have been short. I reminded us both that this was temporary. The car is fixed, the money was spent, and both vehicles are up and running. We didn't snip much at each other and when we started, I stopped it by saying, we are ok and we would both breathe. 

Sometimes life is easy, sometimes it is hard and sometimes it is just right. (If I may borrow that from Goldilocks.) Life is not all sunshine and roses, but writing about it helps me work through it. Writing about any emotion or what is currently happening helps me gain perspective on what is truly important. Sharing life with the ones you love.

Is this coming week going to be easy? I doubt it. There is a lot going on in my job right now, but at the end of the day, my family is well, my husband has a car that works and life will go on. There are those days I think I am so truly blessed and then days when I think, why does nothing go right? That is life though, isn't it? We have highs, lows, and sometimes ebb and flow. Some days the sunshine on us even when it is raining outside. Our step is light then, our hearts full of glee, and other times we feel the world has stepped on us as if we were a mere ant. 

Writing keeps me grounded. It keeps me from skewing my life into what it is not, terrible. Not every aspect of every day is good, but if I keep my focus on the good I notice it more. I do not dwell on the bad. I have a lighter pep in my step and  I see things from a brighter side. Now some days it is harder to locate the joy but I do try every day. 

Writing out whatever is happening in my life helps keep my mind focused on the positive. With Covid and everyone inside life has been a little broken. It did not connect all the good with all the garbage so easily. I was blessed to still safely work and also o live my life and yes I had/have major anxiety because of it, but writing has been with me through it all. 

One thousand dollars for car repairs. One thousand dollars is a lot of money, but we had it, we got the car fixed, and life is still going on. It has been a hard week in this household, but we are ok. I can not write about it from the other side, Writing for me is a way of clarifying what I am emotionally and physically dealing with. Writing, for me is a process of figuring life out. It guides me in coming to terms with things, by putting the words before me, it helps give me clarity.

Writing has been a friend for years. I hope one for you as well. I hope you know it is there for you to play with, explore with, talk things through with, and so on. Writing is the constant friend you did not know you needed. I pray you did not have a $1000 week, but I pray that you know when things do go wrong and they will and that writing is a way to work it all out. 


May this week be a light one, may your heart be healed, and may your world be joyous!

Your story teller/poet/friend

Debbie

xoxoxoxoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday