Sunday Stories, Sounds

 


Sounds have a way of performing time travel. We hear a song,  we hear a phrase, we have a voice, and we are transported back in time. Sounds take us back to when we were a kid, a teenager, a new mother, a father, or took a road trip cross country. Sounds are magic and instantly transport us. 

I know when I hear REO Speedwagon, I am a teenager again. When I hear the bangles, Walk like an Egyptian I can see my HS gym and it is decorated for a school dance. I see us all walking like Egyptians on the dance floor. 

Sounds like a familiar voice takes us back to something our grandparents said to us as kids, or perhaps they always said something like Look on the sunny side and it stuck with you. My grandparents raised me till I was nine and I can always hear them clearly when I think back to my childhood. The swing chains make a little rattle, the crackling of the burning leaves in the outside stove, the sound of water repeatedly as I jump into our pool over and over. I am five again.

New sounds like overhearing a conversation stick with us too. We wonder about others' lives when we hear bits and pieces. We are community people, we live for each other. We strive together when we become a community that is united in its goal. I hear our Mayor talk of homicides this year and how many have lost their lives young and I think back to when I bought this house over 25 years ago and the only thing that happened was someone ran out of gas. The world sure has changed.

Whatever the sound, sounds have a way of performing magic. The above photos is mine. This is Lisa Lynne  She used to come to  Mossy Creek Festival and I met her one year and hearing her music transports me to another world. I feel my heartbeat slow down. I bought CDs for my baby to sleep and now her baby hears Lisa's music as well. The sounds she makes on her harp as our heaven. If you have not heard of her, please go look at her page. Considering buying her music. The sounds will not disappoint your ears.

Whatever you hear, I pray it is pleasing to your ears and that you realized how lucky you are to be able to hear them. I suffer from Migraines, but the harp music soothes my head by relaxing my body when I am overwise worked up.  Find what noises comfort you.

 Nature is another great music player. Hiking I hear all sorts of animals in the woods, Start there if you do not know where to start, but listen to the world around you. We need to come together instead of the hate words floating out in the world. Bring some kindness and words of positivity into your world. You may just hear something kind back.

May this week be a blessing to you, may you hear words of affirmation, and may you know that you do NOT need to listen to everything people say about you! Choose what you allow in, choose peace and love and kindness.

Your friend,

Debbie

xoxoxoxoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday