Sunday Stories: Cold Edition

 


Fall is attempting to push summer to its demise. And yet here we are in Georgia in the 90s daily.  And with a nasty viral something, a nasty cold, or whatever the baby felt like sharing, snotting on me. Fighting it off for four days now. Broke dishes, I'm not banned from using breakable containers. Also, I am banned from soup, which went well. Another thing, making a pitcher of cherry-flavored water, which went all over the entire fridge. It filled in every nook and cranny. 

When I am sick I am a clutz. I have banned myself from driving today as well so all other humans remain alive. This cold has me down. It is not covid, just another viral thing floating around. My daughter, granddaughter, and I all have it. 

With this said, I want to double back to another post. The one about hearing. I have been writing in my journal each morning, and I pay attention to the world now and how it wakes up. My listening path would make Julia Cameron proud. The phone sits idle. A candle is lit. Some reading is done. Coffee is made, though right now I'm on tea with honey for my throat. I have noticed though how I slow down. I have also noticed how I spend more time listening, how I focus on others talking while I listen, and how I keep my mouth shut and listen more. 

The world is flying at us nine thousand miles a minute. It is bombarding our ears, but active listening has slowed my world from coming at me hard and fast. You do not have to buy her book, but I urge you to get up a little earlier, leave your phone alone, make your tea, coffee, or lunch for work, and just listen to our world, to voices down the hall, to people standing in front of you and talking. Just listen.

My ears have been clogged for days. I keep popping them, but they keep blocking back up. I hope tomorrow morning I can hear well again and listen to our world. Taking a few moments in the morning, opening a window, which the cat loves, and listening to cars, birds, and trains, all the world reveals to me is magical. Being part of those precious moments each day allows me to connect to the world that if I was not paying attention, well it would keep blowing past me fast. 

I pray this week is whatever you need it to be. I pray that you have a great week and connect with both our world, our planet, and each other. Just take a few moments and listen to your heart's desires. It may lead you down a new and scary path, but perhaps that is where you are meant to go. 

PS. Make this week feel like Autumn where you live.

Happy week to you all,

your friend/storyteller

Debbie 

xoxoxoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday