Sunday Stories: Fall Season

Autumn Season

 The leaves are changing into vibrant rays of sunshine in reds, oranges, and yellows. The ground is carpeted with fallen leaves and the temperature is dropping. This is my favorite season. I love to sit under any tree as the wind blows and leaves fall all over me. It brings me joy. This is the season of coziness.

As the temperature drops, the blankets are rewashed and brought out, and laid about the house for all to grab and use as needed. Candles are light again, lights are left off, and the earlier night darkness seeps into all the corners of our lives.

Fall with its crisp air, its apple picking season, its hayrides, and corn mazes. Its birds flying south, its mornings spent listening to the owls hoot as they say a quick early good morning and then go off to sleep. It is a wind blowing by carrying leaves that had fallen. It is the crunch under your feet. 

This is the season to travel. To chase colors across the state. To find the perfect fall spot to take photos, to capture the moments of family, friends, and gatherings. It is listening to friends play guitar on the porch and making pie season. It is a season that fills out senses over and over, which helps us make it through the winter months.

Fall is its own music, its own smells, and its own magic. This season is one that teaches us the lesson of letting go. It is the season of change. Out with the old to make way for the new. It is the season when we live outside, hike, cook, and camp out. This is the season in which I yearn to stay, but I know I must let go so winter can enter. I am thankful winter in Georgia is very mild. I grew up in NJ and I hated snow. I despised the cold. I was miserable, so fall will finish and winter will come, but for right now I will drive all over the state and chase the colors. Right now I want to live in the breezes, the leaves falling on me, and make homemade apple pies.

May this season bless you with all its gifts and may you know that it is teaching us to accept change.
May you be blessed with loved ones around you, time to get outside, and to truly appreciate this season.

Your friend,
Debbie
xoxoxo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday