54 Time Around the Sun

 

                                        Photo by Nick Fewings on Unsplash

Yesterday was my 54th time around the sun. I was spoiled with love. I ate cookie cake, I ate chocolate cupcakes and I even got a free birthday muffin. I was taken out to dinner the day before, and lunch the day of, and it was the best birthday in such a long time. 

For my birthday, I ordered new face creams, lotions, and other fun things. I will do some skin testing to find new products I like. I still use my Noxema, but a day and/or night lotion would be good too. 

I do not know if you know I am a Joisey Gal. Born and raised in NJ, but have lived in Ga for over 20 years now. My entire family took turns calling or texting me to wish me a happy birthday. My sister's oldest was the first one to wish me a happy birthday.

It was a day filled with love. I also got to spend the entire day with the hubs, making the birthday extra special. We don't get to spend a lot of time together due to my schedule so when I get three days with him, I'm extra grateful!!

Do you remember when you used to say, "When I am 18 I'm going to run my life" or "When I'm 21 I am an adult and can do as I please?" And then you got to those ages and said, " If only I was older, and then you moved the age you wanted to be? Well, 54 came yesterday and I am happy with that age. I'm not wishing I was 30 again, or that my gray hairs did not exist. I'm loving each year I am blessed to be on this earth.

Time is a precious commodity. It is the same amount of 24 hours no matter who you are. I have learned to treasure all the time with family, friends, and even the people I work with. They are my loved work family. Each person is a gift to me and placed in my life for one reason on another. Some I learn from, some I help, and others just come in and flint right out again only for me to be left wondering what just happened, but they had such a force to them that  I know I was meant to meet them.

Life is a funny thing. It is fleeting for sure, but I noticed the older I get the more I enjoy it. The more I treasure who I get to be with, and what I get to do, and I feel truly blessed. Blessed with friends, family, and this amazing life of 54 years. Take each day slowly. Breathe in the blessings and out the garbage people try and give you. You are the filter of your own life. What you will deal with and what you will not. Know you have the life you want if you create it.

Happy 54 Years to me. Happy Life. Happy and thankful for all my blessings and friends let me say here and now I count you as a blessing. This space, you all who read this, you are a blessing in my life and I am thankful for you!

Happy weekending all!!


Love your friend,

Debbie

xxooxoxoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday