Time: Sunday Edition

 

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

Time is a fleeting thing. Life is a blur sometimes. Sometimes we waste time. Other times we rush through time, ignore time, or fake we have more time, but life has a way of kicking you in the teeth and reminding you time is fast and you have to move to keep up, but on Sundays, I intentionally slow down. 

I need one day a week where I am not rushing. A day to light a candle read a book, listen to the morning birds sing, and recharge. This day is not for errands, chores, or anything else. It is simple to be. To drink my coffee slowly. To make a Sunday breakfast. To enjoy the food, read a book, or simply sit staring out the window.

I get up early, even if it is a Sunday. I want the most out of my day. I grab my yogurt, I make my coffee, I feed the cats, and I write. I rest in my writing. I'm relaxed. I'm awake, I am ready for the day. Today I do have a few things to tidy up, but most of the day is for nothing. I go nowhere, I do nothing, I accomplish nada. I linger to daydream, I inhale deeply and let my body relax. This is a day just for me.

Sunday's growing up were big breakfasts.   They were for family coming over and a huge dinner for all the cousins. It was chaos and happiness. It was life being fast and slow. It was games of tag outside, red light, green light, and of course rolling down the huge front hill to see who can make it down the fastest.

When I grew up with my grandparents, it was for peedering about the three-story garage with my grandpa, it was cooking with my grandmother. It was an eclectic mix of family stopping by, friends dropping food off, and everyone coming together. Now it is about me and my hubby. It is us playing games, reading books, and snuggling on the couch. Sunday has changed as I grew up but it has always been for relaxing.

Sundays, growing up, was church and lunch out at Mcdonald's after. It was also raking, gardening, and hammock swinging. My grandparents did not have a lot of money, but they always make life better. They were parents to me. My mom absent a lot, my father none existent, but my grandparents enjoyed a quiet Sunday just like me. 

It is still dark out as I write this. The world is quiet. I hear the keys on my keyboard as I type this and the hum of my computer, but nothing else. The world is asleep, but I am not. I woke up to words in my head floating around and stinging me to wake up and I sent them off to a publication to be considered.

Sunday is also my writing day. It is a chance when life is not coming at me in full force and allows me to relax and catch my breath and share my words. I hope this Sunday finds you happy, full of love, and relaxing. Me, I think I might pick up a Sunday paper. It is not full of circulars anymore, which is sad in a way, but we are also not killing a million trees to make it, either way, I need bread, so to the store, I go

I pray your Sunday is quiet. I pray it is filled with light. I hope you get to relax and let your mind stay still for a while and enjoy this one precious life you have.

Happy Sunday to you and your family. Almost 7 AM, gotta run to the store for a few things because today is the day when I cook a lot and save it for the week. Today is going to be a glorious day, rain or shine. Today is a gift not all of humanity was given. Receive this gift and have a peaceful day.


Happy Sunday,

Your friend,

Debbie

xoxoxoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday