Covid of 2020

                                               Photo by Brian Garcia on Unsplash

Covid has ended much of 2020, so seem all the jokes. There are teachers teaching history and kids raising hands on commercials online saying but teacher what about 2020. The teacher tells them it was cancelled. Covid-19 has come in like a wrecking ball. It was here in January and for whatever reason it was not dealt with. Now it is a pandemic. People are ,rightfully so, wearing masks, gloves and whatever they can do distance wise they are doing. But while I would be amiss to dismiss 2020 as a year to be skipped, I  see a lot of good that is coming out of this. I see people in Italy singing off balconies, people writing large notes and talking to neighbors this way, I see other people sewing masks that people so desperately want and need. With all the darkness of this disease comes light and love. People are still getting married but just immediate family, which is not a bad thing. People are streaming videos that they would not have time to watch. I see people in fear, but also people in love and happiness. While this is a frightening time for us all as a world, it is also a time to show love and share joy.

I cannot imagine being confined with young kids at home through all of this. I work with children and I understand they are all on edge, they all feel loss, and they are mostly not handling it well. Fights have broken out more then once. Stress is high with kids losing their senior year. Right now their lives are in turmoil and that is okay. We talk to the youth, we reassure them, but in the end they see the news, they read the headlines, and they here us all talk. I say lets flip the switch. Let us talk about joy! Find things daily that are joyful. Like playing with balloons. Remember bopping it back and forth with friends when you were a kid to see how long you could do it before it hit the floor and popped? I find Joy in that I am still at work. I am still able to come in and feel safe back in my little office. I find joy in no traffic to get to work anymore. I find joy in finding my bobby pins I thought I lost and I can now pin back my bangs and see. The sun shines and I smile. Joy is find in face-timing the nieces states away who are also going nuts. I am concerned, very worried, and constantly think of everything I touch as a possible germ that will hurt me.Honestly at some point though it is do I focus on the negative of the positive. I choose Joy!

Covid-19 is a super bug of bugs. I wish we could squash it like an ant. While people are working on a vaccine, we wait, we do our best, we protect ourselves. While I am not a board gamer, my fiance is huge. He would normally do a game night with friends out somewhere once a week at least, well now he cannot, so he is home (taking college classes online ) and he makes us dinner nightly. This frees us up to eat when I get home and then after dinner I clean up and we game. One game every night Monday-Friday. While im not a fan of gaming, I so enjoy the slow pace with him of the evenings. The closeness of playing those games. The fun we share while we talk and tease each other who will win. (hint: always him) We are all on this slow space together. It is like a time warp in 2020, and while I pray it will ease up they say we are just heading into the worst part and we could have another round by fall. Like it or not Covid-19 is here to stay. How you choose to deal with it is up to you. You can be miserable or you can choose Joy. Let someone overhear you talking about your joy today! Find your own Sunshine!

Take care and be safe!
Your story teller/poet
Debbie
xoxox 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday