a Breeze blew by

 Living in the South it takes Autumn a little extra time to reach me. We watch our friends post photos of red, yellow, and orange colors. We are a bit jealous of the colors of the north. I grew up in NJ and fall was something to be enjoyed slowly. It lasted for a few brief months and we ate apples, went to festivals, watched as the hot air balloons blew over our heads, and fill our skies with wonderful colorful hot air balloons. Mr. Peanut was always last to blow on by. 

Leaves begin their turning up north and make their way down south. The color is worth waiting for. 

                                        Leaves on a pond in NJ. Orange and Yellows starting.


A pastry shop full of mums from Autumn's palette. 


                             Fishing in a river surrounded by the beginning of the Autumn season. 


Autumn is my favorite season. It feels magical to me. I mean I know scientifically why the leaves change color, but I like to think of it as the season of magic and new beginnings. All the leaves will show us their colors and blow off each branch one by one. The colors begin to fade. The branches bare. The magic show over, but as I sit in the south in anticipation of colors changing down here, I catch my breath each time I spot a yellow or orange leave. Right now the tops of the trees are still green but a lighter green. They are in anticipation of yellows breaking through. Maybe some reds. 

This time of year has me chasing colors. I go north from where I live. I search for some color. I drive till I find yellow trees and I stand under them and marvel at their resilience. Green giving way to other colors. How many of us could give way to our saying no to have something magnificent happen? Perhaps this Autumn season finds you wondering what path you should be taking during your moving into this Autumn season.

Each one of us has a path to find, just like this photo. The colors of each tree have their own path. They may all be yellow or a mix. A mix is not a bad thing. Perhaps you are trying to mix up your life, shake it out of this pandemic funk, but have no idea where to start. Might I suggest starting in one area of your life? Be like the tree and pick one color for right now and as you move through your own season know that you are in good company with Autumn.

May Autumn find you cozy and comfy watching the colors change as you move about your own change. May you have unlimited warm and fuzzy blankets and endless cups of tea. May this season warm your heart and lead you down your own path of transformation. I know at the end of the season comes the one where the trees are bare, the temperature drops, and life once again changes. But this is my month. My b day is coming up and I am changing all the time and finally like where I am at. I will be 53 soon and know my life, my choice, my direction. Live your life that you are proud of. Be the best of you that you can be and remember to say yes a little more each year.

May the breezes of fall warm your heart, may your season be one of growth, and may you say yes to new adventures. Live your life with a growth mindset and you will be amazed what you can do!

Your story teller/poet

Debbie

xoxoxoxoxoxox


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday