So Sunday Story on a Saturday

 


Today was my daughter's baby shower. She is due in December. While I was there though my mind wandered back to when I was carrying her. She has an older brother who blessed me with making me a momma. these two hold my heart. So as I sat there watching her open presents I thought about holding her when she was brand new with a full heard of jet black hair. This baby girl was delivered by C-section because she was too stubborn to turn and was trying to come out butt first. I pray her delivery is easy. That this baby is peaceful. That the life she is about to embark on, while treacherous, is worth every hour of sleep you miss, every day you stumble and the ones you do not shower on.

With my son, I had such a hard delivery. He was stuck and they had to feed him oxygen and in the end, by the grace of God he made it into this world and ended in an oxygen tank-filled crib. My journey to bring this beautiful baby boy into the world was so difficult.

I realize my daughter will have her own journey, her own birthing story and I pray it is a good one. Both of mine are not, but I have this amazing son and this amazing daughter and even though it was not a good journey, I wouldn't change it for the world. These two mean the world to me as I know AVA will mean the world to me.

I look back and think of the journey we have all been through as a family. I look at how blessed I truly am by having these amazing kids. I know so many people want kids and cannot have them. I know at the end of the day, however difficult it was to have them both, it was so worth it. Yes it was hard, yes I stumbled as a mother, yes I did the very best I could for both my children and at the end of the day I know my daughter will for hers. She is going to be such a great mom.

I will start a new journey. That of being a grandma. That of loving the next generation and helping my daughter any way I can. It will be a blessing to be able to babysit or go visit my daughter and give her help with house chores or walk the baby while she rests. If nothing else I am supported to her by phone when she is too tired to think of a solution for whatever. 

I just turned 53 and being a grandma this year feels fitting. It feels right that as we enter into the winter months when we nest, my daughter will grow her own nest to include a brand new baby girl. I know as parents you know what I am talking about when I say it makes my entire heart swell.

May the end of this year be peaceful for all. May we be blessed with having our loved ones surround us. May we all make it over the threshold of this year and start a new journey in 2022. Can you believe it will be 2022? That seems so odd to me. How are you nesting as the days get shorter and the nights grow cold?  How are you staying warm and what are you doing in the dark hours? Are you crafting like myself, reading, writing? Share what you are doing with me. 


Your story teller/poet

Debbie

xoxoxoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday