an Autumn breeze

 In Georgia, the seasons are hot and hotter. Right now we are in the hot. It is where Autumn attempts to come, but visits and vanishes as quickly as it came. It is fleeting in the south. One wrong breeze and it is over. I am originally from NJ and our Autumn lasts a lot longer than it does down here. I miss the Autumn festival, the apple cider hot donuts, and the smells Autumn carries with it

When I see any color change I grab that camera, I lace up my sneakers, and off I go. I love to capture fall, but doing so in Ga presents such a challenge. I need to drive a few hours away to see the color, but timing a trip is everything. Ga state parks has a website dedicated to the fall colors so you know when to go to a state park so you do not miss it.

In Autumn the sun's intensity lessens and the light is swoon-worthy. I love to go hiking first thing in the morning when the dappled light leans on the trees. Where it is just peeking down. I yearn and love to be in nature. I go down paths and get covered in spider webs. Ewww, but I have learned to carry a stick in front of me now. I look stupid but no more webs on me, and by that means, no more spiders on me. If I am honest they freak me out. But finding things like this cabin above on a trail really makes my heart happy.


Looking up when I hike is key to seeing things around me from a different perspective. The treetops dance in the wind, the leaves fall upon me like a gentle rain, and my lens capturing it all. I try to hike as quietly as possible. Once I do that the deer come out, the creatures make noises, and the birds sing to me. I like to walk deep into the woods and sit. I bring a small blanket to sit upon and just be part of nature for a tiny while. It is a gift that costs me nothing and makes my soul feel like I am part of something bigger than the problems in my life. It reminds me to look up. See the entire world and rejoice in all of its beauty. 

I hope this season finds you out exploring. I hope you are leap peeping. Grabbing apple cider. Perhaps some hot apple cider donuts. Life is about more than just us. It is about the entire world we are part of. I pray this season finds you exploring your life, opening your mind, and being of benefit to the world. You may feel small, but you are not. You are a part of this big amazing world. Make the most in it and out of your life.

May you be blessed to notice the sights, smells, and sounds around you this Autumn season.

Your story teller/poet,

Debbie

xoxoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday