Greetings On a Late Sunday Night

 My apologies for being so late with this post. I am now a very proud grandma who got to spend the first five days of my granddaughter's life with her. I was able to help, but let us be clear, I was in it for the times I got to "help" by holding the baby for hours. This little one is so chill. I was so blessed to be there for days.

The Christmas season is upon us. December 21 is the winter solstice, which means after that we are on our way back into the light. Shortly and slowly day by day we make it out of the long winter months. The candles of winter will be put away and forgotten till next year, the dreary long dark drives home from work will give way to some light as I drive. Little by little, we are reaching toward the light. 


What is the winter solstice you ask? It is the first day of winter. It is the start of reaching for the light. It is a magical day, shorter than all the rest where you can sit outside, light the fire pit and enjoy the evening under the stars. Winter in Georgia is mild until February or March and then we have some bitterly cold days. This photo was taken while visiting my sister in NJ one winter. While it was a winter wonderland the snow and I do not get along. It is cold, wet, and miserable to me, but even this old hardened heart has to admit this is stunning.



This one was taken at my brother's house in NJ as well. This is his neighbor's shed and the snow around it, the icicles hanging down, the piles of wet snow all around it along with the contrast of the red against the white just makes my heart so very happy.


Oh sweet winter. Weighing down the boughs, putting a bitter cold into your body at this time of year, and oh the shoveling. I do so not miss all of that this time of year.  As we all start this winter season together, may you always have someone to keep you warm, may you always have food in your belly and may you always know that with the winter solstice comes the light. 

 

Happy Holidays to you and your family. This year has ended with a blessing of great love. That tiny grandbaby holds my heart. I was blessed to be at the hospital the day after she was born, I was blessed with holding her, helping with her, and running errands so my daughter could stay in with her. I was blessed with running my daughter to checkups. I was blessed to lose sleep and help in any way possible. Oh, what a great blessing a baby is. Whatever or however your year ended, I wish you blessings in the coming year, food to fill your stomach and soul, and light in your eyes so you can see the light that is coming our way after the solstice. 

May the light of the season fall upon your face and fill you with light and love in the coming new year.

Happy Holidays sweet friends.

Grandma Debbie

xoxoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday