A trip, a wedding, and the Flu

 

 December 28th at 2pm I was blessed to marry my best friend.

We took a trip to Tybee Island which is our favorite place. We spent a good five days out on the island and we took a day trip to Savannah. We took a trip, we got married, I brought home the flu. This is us above after we got married in Forsyth Park. It is one of our favorite places to visit and our officiant found us the perfect corner to get married in. We have known each other for over 25 years and have been a couple for over 6 years and now husband and wife.

I felt pooky on Thursday and kept turning up the AC. My poor hubby was nearly frozen I caved and turned it back up. We got home Friday and I felt ok up until I did not. Fever spikes hitting 100.7. And all the symptoms. I knew I had the flu. Today I took off work even though I was supposed to go back, due to needing to be fever-free for 24 hours. Oh, Savannah or Tybee why you gotta do me like that. I was one of a handful of people wearing masks and I am the one sick.

Before I was sick we had a blast together. It was great to just be us two to celebrate our wedding. Of course, we took ourselves right out to the crab shack to eat our wedding dinner. We looked out at the back bay, we snuggled up in wraps to keep us warm and we ate our first meal as husband and wife. Trust me, nothing tastes better than your first meal as husband and wife. My honey had a stroke on 9-27-2020. You know how we all remember 9-11. Well for me the day of his stroke is forever engraved into my brain. I know life is short, and I am so blessed and thankful to say I am this man's wife. 

I am coming to the end of the flu, thank you lord, and tomorrow I return to work. I have ordered all sorts of wedding day photos to fill my office with. The memories we have made for the last six years have been amazing and now as a married couple, I look forward to making more with my husband. To say I am truly blessed does not begin to tell you how happy I am to be married to my best friend. My ride or die, my bestie. We spent new years eve toasting with a glass of champagne to more adventures together through life. 

Life may not be perfect but I am so blessed that he is still alive, that it is him and me, that at the end of the day I married the love of my life.

May 2022 be whatever you need it to be. May you find happiness and joy in doing everything you do, including washing the dishes.

Here is to another year of uncertainty but filled with the hope of all possibilities.

Your friend,

Debbie

xoxoxoxoxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday