Weekend Relaxation

                                    Photo by S O C I A L . C U T on Unsplash

Weekends are too short. We would all agree to that. I took off Monday. With covid cases jolting upward my anxiety needed an extra day to just process everything. When Covid hit some of our staff went home to work and some of us remained in the office. Covid has hit almost everyone in my building at work. It has sent me back to outside eating only. It gets to the point where I feel safe nowhere except in my home. Who is with me on that one?

This weekend I got to see my grandbaby. She came to my home to visit and fall asleep in my arms toasty warm. I made it to the store to make Stew, which is cooking in the crockpot. I worked on some drawings, I did all the wash, I painted and used my black shading pencils. I moved my other desk in front of a window so I can see outside no matter what desk I use. I have made copious amounts of tea. I have made soup for my honey who unfortunately got sick from me being sick. For the first time since we got married, I heard him refer to me as his wife and I ran to him and hugged him. A jolt of happiness ran through me.

I have spent endless minutes watching the squirrels invade my backyard. I have mixed oils in the cleaned-out oil diffuser. I have looked through my books to see if I had any more to go to the used book store that I no longer wanted. I recently read WILL by Will Smith and loved his rawness, his energy, and his respect for his people. It is a great book if you are looking for something new to read.

I have taken it slow today. I will again tomorrow. I needed a break from this pandemic in the world. I needed to feel my bare feet in the grass. I needed to ground myself. Darin, from down to earth, with zac from does this when he gets to a new place. Shoes off, socks off, feet on the ground. It lets you feel a connection with this living world. I highly recommend that show. I have also been journaling more. I also wrote an article for a magazine and submitted it.  

Sometimes the outside world is loud. It is screaming during this pandemic and I just want to shut down and reboot after we are on the other side, or a better side at least, aside from where I feel safe going out into the world again. As for me this weekend my goal over these three days is to relax, reboot, and re-ground myself. I feel with this pandemic that I lose my footing through life a lot lately.

We recently got married, which is another adjustment. A good one for sure. We have lived together for 5 years and I am so thankful for this man. I am a spitball full of energy. I am hotwired for sure and he loves all of me, even my crazy. I am so blessed to be with someone who just lets me be all of me. I always felt before that I could only be a part of myself. That people would judge me and run the hell away if I was my total genuine self. 

I do not know how you are doing in this pandemic, but if you are a mess know you are not alone. Know we are all just trying to get through this the best and safest way we can. Know you are cared for, in good company, and take some time if you need to do find your balance. I know for me I get some off-balance sometimes I just fall. Falling is ok as long as I dust myself off and get back up again. I pray you have found some outlet, like art, hiking, embroidery, or something else as a way to find your balance again.

Happy Sunday friends, 

May this week be filled with peace for you. May it be a blessing to you and your entire family.

Your friend,

Debbie

xoxoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday