Sunday Stories, Red Edition

 So first off, good morning, good afternoon, or good evening (Depending on where you are in the world when you read this post. I have noticed that specific colors stand out when I look through my group of photos. Red is one of those colors, so wanted to share some pictures with you on this lovely relaxing day.

 This is the old Clinton NJ red mill. My mother used to live a stone's throw from it and I loved the area. I have so many photos of this mill. I love the juxtaposition of the red and greens. The brick also to the water. There are so many layers to this photo that I have a bunch of them from different angles.


Red petals stuck in my fence as the rain fell. Again metal to petals. I seem to find the most impossible combinations and make them work. If I would have zoomed out the photo wouldn't work with these red camellia petals. The color drew me into the fence and I had to take a shot. I love all the water droplets that nature placed upon them.

This is Starrs mill in Georgia. I bought a used book on Georgia and it had this in it, so I had to go. I think I have been a dozen times and seen it in every season. The colors, the stones, water, and nature all surround it and I fell in love hard with it. And of course it is red, which we know I love that color. 



Catching the Mill when the light hits just right made this bokeh happen and it makes the photo appear magical. I love white, tin, and red colors and textures. I can imagine rocking on this porch for hours and waving to neighbors strolling by.  Again another red mill and if you come to Georgia, do not miss it.



This little red bug caught my eye as I strolled in Clinton, NJ. The color of course is red, but also my mom's first car was a bug. It was black, but I remember it very well. She did not know you had to change the oil and the car seized up and that was that. I seem to be called to this color, but also antique cars.

Red abound in NJ. Or I notice them all when I visit. Red flowers, red cars, red mills, and red rowboats.





Locally we have a Native American festival. I am so happy it will be back this year. The reds in the clothing always catch my eye. When the dancing stars I notice the bright colors flying around. The red colors are obviously my favorite. This lady is getting ready to perform and I absorb all the energy the dancers give, so much so that when they ask for dancers I leap off my spot and run out ready to stop, to circle, to have feathers fly by me. The festival truly makes me feel grounded and part of something bigger. The Muscogee tribe is from this sacred ground.





Red spotlight on a local concert. The entire room was bathed in red light and I was so happy to be part of this concert but also part of the red. I looked red. Everyone did. The light filled every corner in red. Colors help our moods. Blue is calming, yellow is invigorating, and so on, for me though red calms me. It isn't supposed to but it does and I love the way it makes me feel. 


This is an old print photo. Not a digital. The colors stand out against the light. And our course is the USA red, white, and blue flag. This weekend in the USA is memorial day tomorrow. It is a day off work, but it is also a day to remember and celebrate all who have served us. Who has kept us safe, and who continue to serve their country knowing they may lose their lives. This red makes me extra happy. Happy Memorial Day weekend if you are in the USA. In this photo, all the colors make me happy. I'm glad I took it back in 2015. I am glad I have the print in a photo book, I am glad for my freedom, for my ex-husband who served, and for this amazing place I call home.

What colors do you notice the most? What colors change your mood? What colors do you love? I hope today you slow down on your Sunday, I hope you notice the colors and textures more. I hope you see all that life has out in the world for you. May today be a day of noticing all that you have missed in the rush of everyday life.

Happy Sunday to you wherever you are. 

Your story teller/poet

Debbie

xoxoxo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday