Days of Growth

Photo by Tom Swinnen on Unsplash

Do you feel like life has left you behind? Is Covid-19 sucking your joy? We, as an entire world, are struggling to get through the day to day. Sometimes we do not even know what day it is. We will come out of those stronger, more focused on the important things, and longing to only keep the important people and possessions in our life. Covid-19 has not killed over 100,000 people. The death toll is still rising. These days we are wearing masks, staying in, doing Zoom meetings, and hanging on by the grace of God, some wine, and lots of patients that are wearing thin.We have been cooped up for months struggling with life, finances, relationships , and lord knows what else. I have been writing in my journal more to not murder people. I have taken walks. Hiked in the woods, and attempted to keep my balance.

People in political and medical fields appear to not agree on covid's path. We have no end date, but John C Maxwell, who let me say right now I admire greatly, he said we need to change our focus to what can I learn from this. We need to move to a growth mindset. Can you learn a new language, yes. Can you learn to knit? indeed!! Can you learn to paint, garden, or play a guitar, yes you can. God Bless Youtube! Shift your focus from this sucks (which we all know it does) to what can I learn during this time. It may be that you really do not need to continue something that was harmful to yourself. There is huge opportunity in this down time. Listen life has certainly handed us the insane size of bullshit right now. Look for the light. Look for the lessons learned. Look to knew learning and growth.

For me I have been working on my second witch book. I have been concentrating on writing, editing and revisions. I have also been hiking more. Going out into nature always helps clear my mind, I have been putting off my writing, I have been binge watching this or that. It worked for like the first couple of weeks and then boredom, which forced me to focus on dealing with my procrastination of my writing. Covid-19 does suck, but I believe we will come out of this stronger, have learned a thing or two, and perhaps learned how to be a little nicer to people. Showing kindness should be a daily thing, not a Covid thing.

I pray you are all well, safe, and growing. No growing around, but growing in your personal growth. Expand your horizons in 2020. John C Maxwell is my favorite inspirational person right now. I learned of him at RiseXlive virtual conference I did with my daughter. John C Maxwell Since you have a minute or 600, go check his site out. I am hooked on his leadership books, but also about his growth talks. He has a live broadcast every Monday at 12 noon EST time. If you have a moment go listen next Monday

Until next time, Grow in Covid-19 and lets see where you can go!

Your story teller/poet,
Debbie
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday