Sunday's Stories


This week has been filled with a lot of crafting. I have fallen in love with peg dolls, dressing them, giving them eyes, and moving on to the next set. I have listed a bunch on my Etsy. Felted Friends  I have loved watching others make them and each one sings a different song to me that I create a bunny, a fox, a reindeer, and on and on it does. 

I have been enjoying making them for a few weeks now. Recently I ordered some wood mushrooms and the joy painting them gave me made my heart sing. Covid gave me such anxiety. I did not want to leave my home. I glared at everyone as if they were the ones who would get me sick. I turned inward to my art, but nothing has brought me such joy in years to create. These little guys and the bigger guys give me such joy.

I hope that during this chaotic time you have also enjoyed finding out something new about yourself. Somehow that you found joy in whatever life has given you. This world was tricky at its best before this pandemic, but now, Lord now it is on. Life is life or death for so many and I could not deal. I wanted to hide under my bed, but creating something new with my hands and allowing my mind to wander has helped a lot. 

We keep doing deeper *varients* and longer, year two, of this pandemic and I keep learning new things. Having fires in the firepit relaxes us. Making BLT's for lunch makes us happy. Going into the woods is my happy place and I drag all who will go, but honestly, I like going alone.  I have pivoted almost on a daily basis. Ross from Friends would be happy. (hope you get the joke there) and as I pivot at work, at home, in life, every minute seems to throw something new at me. 

I used to have such heart palpitations when something new came my way and I knew I could not handle it. I used to lose my cool and be a wreck. Anxiety wrecked my peace on a daily basis. My doc gave me meds to help which gave me more anxiety than they made me sick and caused headaches. I was done. I started watercolor painting. I started knitting again. I started, I started, I started, but you know what? Nothing helped. 

These little guys make me so happy. I simply love them so much. They bring me joy to create, to paint, to dress up as a fox, a bunny, a cat, and I hope that when they find a home, they will bring their new owners joy as well. I pray you all find something that brings you joy. If you do not know what to do, well order wood mushrooms and paint. You will not be sorry. I am telling you they are so much fun!

Have a great week and let me know what you find that helps you along your journey. Perhaps sharing will allow others to work through some of their issues with this mess as well.

Until next Sunday,
Your story teller/poet
Debbie
xoxoxox
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday