Sunday Stories, Road Tripping

 

Photo by SOCMIA Fotografía on Unsplash

Sunday Road tripping to my son's house this weekend.  Got furbaby snuggles. Got to spend some great time with my son and his wife, and got some great food, though my tummy seems to be on strike. With covid, we all stayed home, but now we have had enough time together as needed.

Sunday was the interstate backed up, it was stop-and-go traffic, it was chocolate melting in my trunk. Yes, I put it there so I didn't eat it as I drove home. It was belly laughs for the first time in a long time as we tried to assemble furniture, ending in fits of laughter that were sorely needed. 

Life had us all scampering to our own corners, but I am thankful for a weekend with my son. Reminder to self, go up more. Going to try one weekend a month to go visit him. He is only 2+ hours away. We played games on TV, we laughed, we tried to move other furniture and only ended up cracking up. We think we are a superman and then realized what we were trying to move was too damn heavy and it looked good where it was. 

As we are all still in Covid chaos, what are you all going back to doing? Are you eating out more with friends? Or are you still holding up somewhere waiting it out and working from home? Are you still freaked out, I know I am, I know so many people who have had it and struggled so hard to get over it. 

Are you working back in an office? Or did you decide you could do the work from home? Did you adopt a pet during covid and trained it to do some fun tricks for treats? Did you write your way through it? Do online therapy? There are so many different ways we could all cope and honestly, they are all right. They are right for you and me and everyone else.

Life is full of twists and turns. Marriages, divorces, adoptions, births, deaths, and everything else between. I had terrible anxiety and snapped at anyone attempting to come within 6 feet of me. I would snap at people in the flood store and be like back up out of my bubble. I did more journaling than I probably have in the last ten years. 

I worked on knitting, crocheting, sketching, painting, and damn near anything else I could learn. I YouTubed all sorts of things. I am sure you did too. We all were bettering ourselves without knowing we were actually doing it. We learned new things. I cooked new things, and we got an NYC library card for free to access tons of fun things on their website.

Life had us all fleeing and now we are all feeling a little bit more stable going out into the world. I still wear my mask, I let people in the store grab whatever and then grabbed what I need when they move away. Covid is def sitting down for a stay, but road tripping to see my son, laughing until my sides hurt, and flipping and reflipping furniture to assemble it all was the laughing I needed. My son is amazing. He is stronger than he thinks, kinder than he gives himself credit for, and has such an amazing heart. 

Between my son and my daughter, the grandbaby, the grandfurbaby ( who I feel loves me as much as the grandbaby) I am truly blessed. I hope you are blessed as well with laughs, love, and hugs. May this day be a reminder of sharing kindness with others, laughing with friends, and living your life safely and with those you care about. 

Happy Sunday Stories on a Monday, my apologies, I was road-tripping to my awesome son's home. 


May your day be blessed, may your nights be calm, may you know love, and may you be surrounded by sunshine and caring people. 


Happy Sunday Stories,

Your friend, Debbie

xoxoxoxoxo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday