Skip to main content

Autumn's Coming

I have been pushing Summer out. Before you get mad at me, Summer in Georiga has gotten unbearable. this heat catches your breath and you struggle to breathe, so I pushed summer out. I have been wearing fall shirts for a few weeks. I have even brought sweaters to work to pretend it is cold, which is in my office, so that works. Come on Autumn


Fall is all pumpkins and orange, red, and yellow leaves. It is a time when nature reminds us that all change is not bad. The colors mix and the fragrance of cinnamon simmers on the stove. Hot cocoa is being made again, and blankets are returning to the nightly routine when the temperatures are dipping down.





 This time of year makes me so happy and this year my husband and I planned a trip for my b day, which coordinates with the leaves changing colors. I love photographing the change in season. It makes me so happy to see them change and when they fall off the trees they dance around me and remind me that change is coming again.

I started making tea at home, and the cocoa has come out. My favorite fall mugs are in rotation, and I look forward to wearing warm clothes. This is my season. Apple picking, apple spiced donuts in rotation. This year we will do some scenic drives to see all the colors that north Georgia has to show us. 


There is one state park I love to go to. Just look at those gorgeous trees and colors. I go to it every and I love it. The hiking, with my bad knee, I sadly cannot hike, but I remember it fondly. We will picnic here when we go. We will picnic on the ground or at one of the many picnic tables provided. We love nature and when winter comes these leaves will fall, but then the stars are so close I feel I can pick one right out of the sky.  I love using apps and turning my phone all around to identify different all kinds of constellations. 

Whatever the season there is always something fun today. Last night the lightening bugs were back and again, I screamed for joy. I love seeing them dancing around my backyard. They spread light all over the yard and it looks like tiny dancers.

Autumn is definitely my favorite season. What is your fav season and why? I would love to know. Autumn comes late for Georgia. Usually, peak season around here is mid to end of November. I watch my Georgia park leaf peeping site, so this way I know which parts are at peak. 

Happy Autumning (yes I made up a word) I got my degree in English Literature. That allows me to make up words. I am sticking to my story. hahahha

I pray, whatever:  season you are entering into that you get a chance to enjoy the great outdoors and have some fun. Take photos with your phone and capture the beauty. 


Your Autumn loving friend,

Debbie xoxoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day and the Sh*t show it will become. I AM READY!

                                             Mother's Day is coming in hot and my mother died.  This will be the first Mother's Day without her. My sister has plans that day, and I do not, but our hearts will be on Mom no matter what we do. There is no running away from grief.  Grief will fill our minds, and our hearts, and keep us focused on her passing away. Our minds will wander to her and wonder where she is in this vast universe. We will think of the last time we saw her, hugged, her, and talked with her. Grief will bring us back to her last breath. We will try to move on, move past, but you know what I have found out, that is BS. We all have our own grief walk to take. We all have our own correct path to move forward. I have thought about joining a grief support group and then thought perhaps not. I am not so sure I could listen to others about their grief. I am empathetic and know I would feel it all. Life has been difficult enough for me since she died. It feels like th

Love, Friendship, and the Sh*t we take because of it.

I have long known I am an empathetic person. I have always felt other peoples emotions deeply. Sometimes I wish I could turn it off, but recently I realized how much of a gift it is. I can hurt with them, I can share in the highs, I can be there fully for those who need me. I think it is a gift really. I might not always understand what the person has gone through, but I listen and feel the hurt down to my soul. It shakes me to my core and allows me to empathize with the person. This empathy is dangerous to me and my own happiness. While I feel other peoples emotions so deeply,I notice I feel mine even more. With every good or bad thing that happens I realize how much it resonates with my soul. It takes a tole on my body sometimes and that is not good. The definition of an empathic is this: of, relating to, or characterized by empathy , the psychological identification with the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of others: a sensitive, empathetic school couns

Rambling Confessions of an Artist

Confession time: When I am reading a book everyone can starve, including myself, until I get to a point where I actually want to stop. I wander aimlessly while taking photos and sometimes have to be told a car is coming ( I know a lot of you are nodding with me on that one) I am both looking forward and dreading my graduation day from college. I do not know the next step of my life, but trust in the Lord and am just waiting. I write at the oddest times, and if I cannot write I record my thoughts into my phone, and then write them down into a journal at 3AM. Putting myself before everyone else helps me and hurts everyone else. I am so proud of my kids for chasing their degrees and this year we ALL graduate. First generation in my family to all have degrees!! I drink flavored coffee I make at home, but if I'm in a mood I go make tea. When depression hits, my house has never been so clean. I'm on the fence about graduate school because at my age I fee