Skip to main content

Midnight Writing

I used to write after midnight. The hours between midnight and 4 AM were the only times I had to write as my kids grew up. I have been sick and now awake at 2AM again. Why are these hours always calling me to write? The above photo is of my old office. I have since moved into another room of my home as my home office. It's all mine for the first time that I have an entire room to write in. It's now Labor Day and it is an extra day to write. I woke up coughing as I had been dealing with some health issues lately. I realize though that I have missed writing in these wee hours.

The wee hours of the morning and the house is entirely quiet. No one stirs in these wee hour morning hours. Not even the cat. It has been a long time since I needed to write, and the need woke me up.  I am dealing with coughing and allergic reactions to things and have been in and out of two med stops for help. Apparently, the cough medicine is not working, as I am typing to you at 2:35AM.

I used to write during these super early mornings and I miss it, so happy my body woke me up and I found my way to my blog again. Today, in the USA, is Labor Day. An extra day off. I am thankful as I am still finding myself sick. It has been a long time since I yawned at this hour and took to typing. I even have a bracelet that says, Midnight Writer, which I do not believe I have worn in a long time.

Why is writing in the middle of the night so appealing to me? It is quiet for one, it's when my brain can filter out what I truly want to say. It is an hour where I do not censor my writing so much that it stops me every few words and I wonder if I wrote something correctly. 

I have music playing in the background and I think about how music usually helps me sleep but this time it woke me up. I have a few poetry writings as well that I wrote in the middle of the night. Sometimes words float to me and wake me as well. Both of my poems Feather is a masculine poem that popped into my head one night and Linger is its counterpart. Both came to me while I slept and I love how both turned out. Most of my work I write as it comes to my mind, but these two came to me while I slept and I love both of them so much. One appears masculine and one feminine, but I love how they play against one another. There is a push and pull to the pieces.

My most loved piece, I wrote is about writing. It has over 64K  views. Why writing is So Difficult It is one of my favorite pieces I ever wrote. I have been writing for decades now, but this is the first post after years of sleeping through the night that I write to you at 3AM. I hope you enjoy the pieces I highlighted in the post and perhaps you can share with me what you write. What is your blog site? What do you like to write and what inspires you? I pray you are all resting well. 

When you wake up and find this here, please comment and tell me what you write? Why do you write? I love to know what makes people write what they do.

Happy Slumbering to you all,

Your friend,

Debbie xooxoxo




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day and the Sh*t show it will become. I AM READY!

                                             Mother's Day is coming in hot and my mother died.  This will be the first Mother's Day without her. My sister has plans that day, and I do not, but our hearts will be on Mom no matter what we do. There is no running away from grief.  Grief will fill our minds, and our hearts, and keep us focused on her passing away. Our minds will wander to her and wonder where she is in this vast universe. We will think of the last time we saw her, hugged, her, and talked with her. Grief will bring us back to her last breath. We will try to move on, move past, but you know what I have found out, that is BS. We all have our own grief walk to take. We all have our own correct path to move forward. I have thought about joining a grief support group and then thought perhaps not. I am not so sure I could listen to others about their grief. I am empathetic and know I would feel it all. Life has been difficult enough for me since she died. It feels like th

Love, Friendship, and the Sh*t we take because of it.

I have long known I am an empathetic person. I have always felt other peoples emotions deeply. Sometimes I wish I could turn it off, but recently I realized how much of a gift it is. I can hurt with them, I can share in the highs, I can be there fully for those who need me. I think it is a gift really. I might not always understand what the person has gone through, but I listen and feel the hurt down to my soul. It shakes me to my core and allows me to empathize with the person. This empathy is dangerous to me and my own happiness. While I feel other peoples emotions so deeply,I notice I feel mine even more. With every good or bad thing that happens I realize how much it resonates with my soul. It takes a tole on my body sometimes and that is not good. The definition of an empathic is this: of, relating to, or characterized by empathy , the psychological identification with the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of others: a sensitive, empathetic school couns

Rambling Confessions of an Artist

Confession time: When I am reading a book everyone can starve, including myself, until I get to a point where I actually want to stop. I wander aimlessly while taking photos and sometimes have to be told a car is coming ( I know a lot of you are nodding with me on that one) I am both looking forward and dreading my graduation day from college. I do not know the next step of my life, but trust in the Lord and am just waiting. I write at the oddest times, and if I cannot write I record my thoughts into my phone, and then write them down into a journal at 3AM. Putting myself before everyone else helps me and hurts everyone else. I am so proud of my kids for chasing their degrees and this year we ALL graduate. First generation in my family to all have degrees!! I drink flavored coffee I make at home, but if I'm in a mood I go make tea. When depression hits, my house has never been so clean. I'm on the fence about graduate school because at my age I fee