National Poetry Month & Some Chickens

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

He ran from my hand,
he fell away from my love.
He roamed free and wild,
never again to love truly.

She had a gypsy soul,
her heart wandered from love.
She went where the wind blew,
never to have a home.

They fell in love while each was lost,
they connected and gave their hearts.
Together their wandered, together:
love binding them forever they thought.

Together broken,
forever only a year.
Together they faltered,
each leaving with pain deep inside.

He roamed the roads freely,
she cried through the nights,
he wandered blindly,
she leaped into her fear openly.

Each finding the road clearly,
each holding onto their fear tight,
each learning to love blindly,
Only to find each other again at night.

Dreams told their reality,
they were connected in perception.
Reaching out for a love, a love so distraught,
never to find each other, both left with their thoughts.

And with that we are on day 3 of National Poetry Month! And I already two days behind. I love writing poetry and exploring what comes out. I never have an idea. I find a photo, this time it was chickens, which lead to wandering and then gypsy and souls lost to love. As a writer you see things that others do not. This poem is about a couple of wanderers who temporarily found each other and then in the end only held each other in thoughts. Their memories were what connected them always even as they wandered in different paths. I hope you enjoyed it. Do you write poetry? Do you write? Connect with me. Leave me a message and let me know what you write. I would love to read it.
Happy Wednesday everyone! Hope life finds you happy and wandering till your heart is happy.

Your storyteller/poet
Debbie
xo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday