New Year 2023

 

Tybee Island Ga

This year is one year married, 8 years together, a life built on love, honestly and trips to Tybee Island.

We met many moons ago, we got married Dec 2022, and each year to celebrate our anniversary, we take a Tybee island trip and enjoy each other's company. The waters were calm, and the winds were bitter, but we walked on the beach every day!  We may not see eye to eye on everything, but we do on most.

This year, as with all new years, people ask what your word is for the coming year, what is your focus, and what do you want to manifest.  I say no to them all. Why are we stressing ourselves out to pinpoint what we want?

I want happiness. I want joy. I want to hear laughter from my adult kids. I want peace for them both physically and emotionally. I only want them to be happy and experience more joy than pain. Both are a part of life.

Do you set an intention and then manifest it into truth? Do you say no to it all? Or do you quietly go into the new year whispering, New Year please be kinder to me? 

2023 came in while I slept. We toasted in the morning with sparkling grape juice. We had a nice breakfast and talked about life. We said Happy New Year, and then we said, " I love you". We let it start slow with a nice breakfast together, then lunch in the crock pot, then an easy dinner. We lit candles. We watched movies, and 2023 came without any hoopla. 

I have always had a hate/love affair with the New Year. I try and look back at the year I'm leaving and review the lessons I have learned. Have you learned anything about yourself in 2022?

I have submitted more writings than ever to more publications. I have been playing peek-a-boo more with my granddaughter. I have just been quietly enjoying my life. I haven't ignored it. I have not let it go to the dumps, I have chosen what I will and what I will not participate it. Take that  Karen!!

I hope 2023 is all you need it to be. I hope 2022 kissed you gently on the forehead as you left it behind and stepped into 2023.

May this new year be a blessing to us all, may we find our way with kindness and grace for others, and may we remember that it is not all rainbows and kittens, but the bumps are just as wonderful for they teach us how strong we truly are.

Happy New Year to you all!

your friend,

Debbie

xoxoxoxo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday