Sunday Stories , Covid Edition



 

Happy Sunday to you all. This week has been a roller coaster and I am learning to let go of the bar and put my hands up. I have surrendered too many things and feel exhilarated and depleted all at once. I feel rested and exhausted. I am happy and grieving. Life has a way of mixing all these things together and letting us sift out what we want. Life is challenging at best and brutal at its worst. 

2019 tested us all, 2020 depressed us, and 2021, and 2022, have tried to revive us without life support paddles. We have collectively held our breath. We have stayed in and had food delivered to our homes. We have learned new trades, we have pivoted and we have stood up to only be knocked down again. Food is out of reach for so many, living in a home, is now a distant dream while apartments know you need them and they jack up the rent prices. Where do we go from here?

I'd like to say I am ok, but I am not. I am disheartened. I am full of anxiety about even going out. My heart races when someone comes too close to me. I loved to say hello to people in stores, but now I shy away and dart to another aisle. I am in this boat with you, but I wonder who is leading this boat anymore.

Taking control of our lives in such turbulent times seems impossible, but we try, again and again. We move forward in baby steps, and we make sure we and our loved ones are safe when they go outside. We must go on living in these times of covid, but for some of us, it is easier. Some people can wear a mask, go out, and be ok, some where gloves, masks, and, scarves over their faces. We feel we are risking our lives just going out the door. I worked in my office through covid. I kept my door shut and just worked. Everyone emailed each other and no one went to anyone's office. We pivoted and kept going.

We are emerging into the world again and we are fluttering our wings to check the winds in the world. We tiptoe into 2023 silently. We listen, and we emerge. We strive to take back our lives. We want to gather with friends and family and we want to hug our loved ones.

I pray 2023 is nicer to us all. I know with my anxiety and depression battled over these last three years have taken their toll on me, body and soul. It has knocked me down hard. I recently lost a lifelong friend to covid. I know so many of us have lost loved ones. We were not allowed in hospitals to say goodbyes. We were kept away and facetime was used to say goodbye to someone so precious to us.

Let us keep all of our loved ones in our hearts and mind as we tackle 2023 and emerge from our cacoon safely and go boldly back into the world.

Your friend,

Debbie

xoxoxox





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday