Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of graduate school

As time ticks on by I realize more and more that I must write. I have just started working a fulltime job and have not had time to write. I can feel it in my bones that it is needed. My story I have been working on has been screaming in my head to have another chapter written. Today I will make time for her. I wrote a new poem prompted by a website I love. I feel like words are bubbling in me and sometimes they need to come out or else.

When you write do you feel like you have stories in you yearning to come out?

As writers we feel that our voice needs to be heard because these stories yearn to be told. I have heard and read so many writer say "Do not write to become famous, write because you want your story out of your head" Write for the stories to be heard. I have read numerous books who say write what you know. I know this story is in me. I would love to share it with the world one day, but for now I just write. I edit, I revise. I see things that need to be formed on pages of paper and hopefully listened to later in life.

I am pursuing my MFA in creative writing. Again people tell me that is a waste of time. Well to be published maybe, but to teach creative writing to young minds and awaken their stories in them, well that is worth it to me. I think in the long run that is what I am meant to do. I have taught a few writing workshops for 12-18 year old children/young adults, and I hope touched a few lives.

Write like you mean it, write from the heart, and write for you. If sometime you share and someone loves it great, but put you first and love what you write!!

This photo is your photo prompt. It is a french magazine and french book. Sometime a little different this time. I hope you enjoy it. I hope you are writing. I hope life is treating you well, that you are taking all the liberties with your words, and maybe just maybe working on graduate school? Or some writing workshops. Try something to help your craft :D

Happy Sunday!

your story teller/poet
Debbie
xoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday