December Depression

Depression is one of those things people don't really talk about. It is still sort of taboo. With the holidays approaching it feel it creeping in. I do not know why, but the holidays make me a little depressed. It is a season of giving and love and light. I think part of the depression is my grandparents are deceased. They were the holidays for the family. Another reason my mom and family are up north. Which was fine when I had a husband down here to share the holidays with, but been divorced since 2002 and now the holidays are just hard. Emotions run high for everyone during the holiday. This year I lost my job of 13 years. I am not in school full time I am struggling to pay the lights and heat and life has just gotten rougher. At the same time I do have so many blessings. My kids will be with me for the holidays and they now MAKE my holiday great. I love gaming with them, playing cards and enjoying our time together. This year I can see some holiday movies added to the mix.

Depression hits millions of people and even more at this time of year. People do not talk about it,but I think maybe , well I KNOW they should. It is hard though as so many people judge you. They tell you to shake it off. Go out and just have fun and so on. Depression does not work that way. This year I'm actually a little less depressed. I think maybe that losing my dead end job, being able to attend college full time and other factors are a blessing. God does nothing, but with a plan in mind. I do not know where I am heading in 2014. Maybe a love, maybe a job, maybe maybe maybe. I like the open ended possibilities and I wish I knew where food was coming from... I wish I knew how to keep paying the heat, but God is good and I know with him and faith I will be OK.

I hope this holiday season finds you happy, healthy and enjoying life.If you are depressed know you are not alone. Feel free to share with me here. I am here to listen. Two finals Tues and one class Thurs and I'm done with the semester. I made a few mistakes along the way, but I am not in English Honor Society and some other groups. I have a new support system and know I have people who will be there for me. I am hoping for a depression free holiday, but if I do get depressed, I know I am not alone and for that matter, Neither Are YOU!!

xoxoxo
Debbie
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday