insomnia, migraines, and ramblings of a crazy woman

So its 1:30AM and I cannot sleep. To much is on my mind. I wrote this,this morning when my mind would not stop. It is a poem titled Linger,

 Linger

I'd like to let my fingers linger over your skin,
to feel the pores under my touch.
 I'd like to take extra time and slowly explore your elbow
the way it bends back just a little to far

I'd like to explore your hand in mine,
to give you strength through our collective consciousness.
I want to smooth out your skin that pools over your knuckles and feel your fingertips,
 tracing over them with mine.

 I'd like to touch every part of your body,
slowly so that you quiver with my touch.
 I want to stroke your earlobe so that you softly moan,
touching the nape of your long neck and gently massaging it lulling you into a dream like state.

 I'd like to move that one hair that always falls gently on your forehead,
and slowly creeps into your left eye.
And then I'd want to study your eyes,
 looking past their deep brown,
 with the intensity of the suns rays penetrating my heart.

 I yearn to touch every inch of your skin and learn all about your body,
 To find your scars, your internal pains, to learn all the secrets,
 secrets locked deep inside by your fears,
 I want to intertwine our lives, our skin, to touch you deeply, deep down in your soul.

 I want to know what you do not feel safe to say.
 And I want to learn it all from you without you saying a word,
 I want to do it again the next day, starting over as we wake,
 and every day from now until you leave yourself open to me, to life,to fear, to our love.

Well there you have it. A deeply intimate poem.

 It is not about anyone. It was something brewing in me when I woke this AM. I could not get it out of my head. I know fellow writers know the feeling. They also know the not being able to sleep until you get the words down. So now they are down. I feel lighter if that makes sense. Life has its moments and this mornings moments were all about this poem pouring out of me. I hope you are all well and writing. This weekend I am doing my first photo walk- women's positive day. To empower woman so they know they are perfect, enough, and beautiful inside and out. I want to pass on my strength with wisdom, light, and spreading love. With that I leave you (as always) with a few photos for the mood. Happy Dreaming your storyteller/poet Debbie xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday