Ramblings,another migraine (or the same one), and insomnia again....

So I am thinking I do not have insomnia. I write better in the middle of the night. I feel like I'm on track with writing in the middle of the night. The problem, I get up way late in the day, which if I am working poses a huge issue.

With that said I did not have to work today and  I wrote another poem. Linger seems to me to be from a mans point of view, so this one is from a woman's point of view. I hope you like it. The title is Feather.

Feather
Like a feather against my skin,
his fingers on my arm.
Reaching out, caressing my cells,
recoiling away in my mind.

He looks deep into my soul,
scaring me  with the intensity of his desires.
Knowing what he wants, not knowing my wants.
Stroking my cheek, a feeling of lightness fills me.

Brushing my hair behind my ears,
seeing all my face.
Standing forever, frozen,
leaning into me, then stopped!
Making a memory of this moment.

Moving forward close the gap,
taking my hand,
running his fingers between each one.
My heart, stopped, waiting, anticipation.

Kissing my hand, slowly, purposefully,
waiting for our eyes to unlock from their embrace.
Wetting my kips, biting my tongue, I cannot speak.
electricity surging through my body.

He whispers "I love you" in my ear,
foreign words for so long,
missing from his heart and mine.
Those words falling on my ears,
piercing my armor.

Stroking my back,
pulling me to him.
One step, then another,
gently touching his lips to mine,
Our tongues begin to dance.

Falling back down to reality,
slowly drifting off my cloud.
The realization hits me.

We are in love?
We kissed?
We are an US?

Holding me in his arms,
struggling against his heart beat,
fast, strong,determination in us.
He wants me,again.

I was a feather,
 weightless  in all the hope.
A pebble in my mind,
knowing this could be our last try.

A tear walls up in my eye,
waiting down in my past hurts to come out.
Struggling to remain myself,
Past hurling at me, flooding me,
without hope, without love.

I will walk away!


Well there you go. Again not about anyone, I promise. As a writer though sometimes things just need to be put down on paper. They need to come out or you cannot sleep. I feel this poem is a great parallel to Linger. I appreciate you  all, I thank you all for reading, and I hope your writing is going well. Happy National Poetry month again. Last week. I have really enjoyed writing poetry again.

Happy Weekending as well,
Your storyteller/poet
Debbie
xo
















Comments

  1. Wow you are amazing writer! So happy your found my blog.
    Thanks
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you so much Marie. Your words mean a lot to me. Thank you :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday