Life: Being Present and Riding the Wave

So I am going to admit I am I was one of the worst people who jump ahead into a relationship.First day with a new friend and im like maybe we can do this or that or in a month this. Hello I don't know what will happen in a month. I only know whats happening now.  Be it a friendship, a relationship, a family issue. Whatever!! I leap, I jump, I hop skip leap AND jump. I figure out whats going to happen down the road years, months ,days, before anything happens. I wait,,literally wait for the other shoe to drop. I have been studying Buddhism and as I have said before, I am not one, but the way of living. The change of behaviors. The just being in the present is something I have worked very hard at doing. They are right when they say you cannot change the past, you do not know what the future holds, but what you do know is right now.

With that said I realized with a few instances lately that I am present. I am right there right now and that is all. I realized I was missing the moments. Moments that are precious and I can never get back. Life is a wave and do I want to be behind it or in front of it, but where?.Hello!! I want to be on top. I want to see life. I want to travel. I don't want to wait to see what is going to happen. I want what is happening in a moment to be what I notice. Life passes so quickly. Moments come and go and if you are not present than you miss so much.

Recently a friend has come back into my life. I said that in another post. Well today a friend left it. She is moving away and I have known her for a few year and I will miss her. We didn't talk about the past today. We didn't discuss the future and when and if we could get together. We had today. We sat we talked. We talked about school, jobs, men, kissing, cars, degrees, life. We talked about about what was going on with all those things today. I have realized some people are only in your life for that instant and you need to be there for it. Not thinking about a year from now, a month, a year. Now! You need to be present today.

When the Buddhist talk about this concept they talk about the journey in life also. They talk about the journey!  Hmm not the destination? They talk about the journey being the destination. This trip we are on right now, today, this min, we do not know how long it will last. You will miss so much not being here now. All our life is a journey. We do not know where we will end up. We know that right now this is where we are.

My friends say I am a ball of  energy.Well they are right. They admire my spirit, they admire my adventurous soul. I believe I am a wanderer on this earth. I seek knowledge, light and wisdom. I like to roam. I like to be present and ride my wave, so I can see it all. I thrive learning. I love to share my wisdom with others. I think I finally mastered the present. I have mastered my life's journey and I have to tell you, it is such an amazing blessing of a life. Take time to enjoy it. Take time to set your spirit free and enjoy everything the present has to offer.


So with that said, I am inspired by my sweet friend who listens to me and all my energy constantly lately to write a poem right here, right now.

Riding the Wave of the Present

Wave lift me up to see life,
enable me to see where I am now.
You fall repeatedly at the shore,
but you never give up.

Pushing and pulling by the moon,
weakening and strengthening without ceasing.
Swishing around constantly,
judging only the present.

Faltering underneath where no one can see,
lifting yourself up to be here for my hopes and dreams.
Violent waves reflect your mood,
calmness mixes up misery and love.

Cold and loud slamming into the sand,
You are ever present in the now.
Holding all the journey has to give,
gently leaning on the air as you push by .

Love is like riding you wave,
ups and downs today.
Rolling emotions holding me,
but shoving my face down in the sand.

A yearning passing through my breathe,
the past and future try to grab me.
Yank me under and drown my desires,
right now, right here, I am present in you.

Riding the wave from the top,
viewing life with a roaring spirit.
Adventure at every crash onto the shore,
violently remind me to be present NOW!

Ok so just wrote it, I am sure editing will happen (I am an English major you know)

Peace love and hope I wish you at this holiday season. May you ever be present in the here right now and may your journey be a joyous one from the top of the wave where you can see it all.

xoxo
Your story teller/poet
Debbie






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday