New Year:2015 Goals and Dreams

So it is that time of year again when we reflect on our lives and the year that has past. We realize how much we have accomplished or how lack thereof we haven't. We look at the new adventures we had or the ones we let slip by. We look back,so that we can look forward. With learning about Buddhists and their living in the moment, I still see myself looking back and forward at this time of year.

This year has been a hard one for me financially, but I made it to the end of the year and I am proud that I made it. I realize how far I have come in my college degree and how hard I have worked to raise my grades to a 3.5. I know I am strong. I know I am fierce. I know I can do it, but , oh that but. I think it is an evil word sometimes. I did this, But. I went here, but   I loved this, but  but But BUT

Why as a human race do we see what we have done,our many accomplishments and think but I could have done more. We are human. We do our best. I for one do not need the best of everything. A book came in the mail today and I literally did a happy dance. I live for the small things. Each small things make up the greater larger part called life.

Love, something I have never been lucky in, has recently come back into my life and is now gone. I could but that one to death. It was a month. It was opening my heart and having it crushed, BUT I did it. For the first time in over a decade someone made it in. Love found a small crack in my wall and I fell hard. So it didn't work out, but (this is a good but) I tried.

Life is about not looking back, not looking forward, but trying today and everyday to care for other humans. About making everyone's day better and not worse. It is about spreading love and kindness. While my heart mends it is so much easier to shut down,but I will not. My but But BUT will be to be nicer to someone else who might have had a bad day for whatever reason.

As we all move into 2015 I wish you kindness from my heart. I wish you joy from down deep in your spirit. I wish you hope for love and for keeping it in your heart always. 2015 is just another year. If you want things to happen they take action, not another year. If you do not push and work hard to get to a new achievement it will not happen just because you put another calendar up on the wall.

2015 is a year for great joy, faith and happiness. We need to think more outside ourselves and think about others. Think about smiling at someone you do not know. Think about someone other than ourselves. I try to lead a life I can be proud of. I tread lightly and know I can make a difference in someones life and no but this or that, just do it. Be there for a friend or stranger. Buy someone a cup of coffee. Love kindly and be every so sweet about it. I do not know what love or 2015 has in store for me, but I know I am worth so much and I plan on treating others as if they are gold.

People are all different, but (important but) they are all the same. They smile, they laugh, they love and have their hearts broken. I hope in 2015 to be freelance writing and making my way to the end of my English B.A. I am proud of who I am now, looking back and looking forward. I wish you all much joy in the coming year and remember to leave the but out of it. Be happy, wish others well, be kind and gentle with your soul and others.

Happy New Year to you all
Your story teller,
Debbie
xoxoxo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Stories, Crazy Love Coffee Shop

Sunday Stories: Time Spent Well.

Third Place on a Sunday